Monday, March 19, 2007

thoughts

you know, I was just spending some time in the Word of God and I got to thinking about the garden of Gesthemane (sp?) and how Jesus was praying,Please take this cup away from me, Father... nevertheless not my will, but Yours be done. I have read some commentaries and I think even heard some comments that Christ was not concerned about the pain of the cross; He was concerned about the pain of carrying everyone's sins- which makes me say- Bullocks! Yes, of course Jesus was not looking forward to the pain of carrying everyone's sins and having the Father turn away- I am sure of that-but I am SURE that He was also not looking forward to all the physical pain He was going to endure. I mean, come on! I hate just having a small ache or cold or virus- and here Jesus was about to be crucified after being beaten unmercifully, having His beard ripped (not "plucked" like an eyebrow- horrifically yanked out!) and spit on and mocked!And you think He was only thinking about the spiritual pain? I don' t think so! I can't stand when people take the "humanness" away from Christ and say He was only concerned about "spiritual things". He was flesh and blood who cried when He was in pain and laughed when He was happy. For me, it helps to remind myself of this when I am suffering physically to know that it is okay to be in pain and not try to "keep a stiff upper lip" (And no, that doesn't give anyone the right to be hateful to people, but it is okay to cry).

- Has anyone noticed the shrinking of inspirational fiction space in Barnes and Nobles and Borders?

No comments: