Saturday, March 17, 2007

cleaning house

Well, I just finished doing some house cleaning and I have to say that as much as I am not crazy about swishing toilets and mopping floors, I always feel so much better when it is done. In fact, a really clean house (shiny and clean smelling) always puts a smile on my face and a spring in my step (I know- I have issues.) The only thing I like better is walking into an office supply store (like Office Depot/Max). I mean when I smell the paper and ink and see all the pens and colored stacks of paper... wow! (Again, I know, I have issues) But I digress- back to cleaning. There is just something so comforting to know that all the hidden dirt and grime and GERMS that have been inhabiting our house have been kicked to the curb once more. Take that dirt! And once again,we are free to relax in our homes even invite others into it. I think that as Christians we tend to get bogged down with sin and grime just like our homes- those words we spoke too hastily in anger, the juicy tale we just had to tell someone, and just plain apathy towards God. But when we come to Him and ask Him to clean us up, it's like BAM! Our hearts are once more sparkling and free to shine and let God's love- just like our houses. so the next time you have to roll up your sleeves, or bend your knees, remember, you'll feel so much better when the cleaning's all done.
Until the next blog
-Shawna

No comments: