Saturday, July 21, 2007

Goodbye

Fellow bloggers,

The time has come for me to say "goodbye." A week from Monday I start graduate school, and I am sorry to say that this hobby will have to go for now. I have really enjoyed reading all your blogs and writing my own, but it is my goal to graduate with honors and to do that, I must eliminate some extraneous activities. I will pray for all of you, and from time to time, I may post a few words (probably through Chris' blog). Please do not be hurt if it is a while before I can read your blog- I will try to read through occasionally, but I'm not sure how much time I will have.
I love you all!
-S
PS I'd like to leave you with an excerpt from a well-known poem; if I could rename it, I'd call it "Practical Faith" (the real title is "If" and it is an awesome poem). I hope you enjoy it.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
...If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And-which is more- you'll be a Man, my son!
-Rudyard Kipling

No comments: