Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tough

My friend Jana is undergoing surgery # 9 tomorrow morning for cancer. SHe had only recently finished chemo when she discovered a lump in her chest; it turned out to be a malignant tumor. Jana has AMAZED me with her spirit of " I REFUSE to give up!" (You'd have to know Jana to hear her say that in her loud, Southern accent!) I came across a song by Craig Morgan (Country Music star) and oh boy did it fit her!The song is called "Tough", and I encourage all of you to listen to it as soon as you can. It will put some perspective on your life!
Another song by Craig is called , "If I had my way." Now, I have never had cancer, so I cannot relate to that personal fight, but I have been through other tough times, and when I heard this song, it really made me think. I for one, knowing myself, would definitely have taken the "easy path", but if I had, I would never have learned how good God is. There have been times when I have wanted to give up and go to the "the woods (that) are lovely dark and deep (1), but God always reminds me , "but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." (1)
In other words, I have too much to do before I am called to heaven. God says that the "harvest is white"- in other words it is ready- ripe.

Also, I would like to answer the tag PR gave me about our COTN volunteers. I truly am blessed to have such wonderful workers in the COTN Patch! People who faithfully give of their time to sit, play with, and teach all the little ones who come our way. I am honored to lead such a terrific group of people!
I love you all!
Until the next blog,
-S

(1)- Robert Frost, "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

I love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawna, I know that you have been calle to your job at cotn, there is no way to fake the passion and enthusiasm that you show up with every day that you serve. Just wanted to encourage you and say AWESOME JOB!!! Todd

Anonymous said...

Hi hon, I've been reading your blogs and so proud of you. I listened to the song & watched the video, it was good and surely you are a tough one yourself. I've not responded lately to your blogs but I just felt to read them tonight. By now you probably know who this is. I love you very much.
My little Shawna is all grown up!