Saturday, May 12, 2007

Grad School Here I come!

For the past several months, I have been working on getting into graduate school. I have read numerous books, looked into universities, prayed, talked to different admissions counselors, prayed, checked out various programs, prayed... you get the picture! Anyway, after all this, I have applied to Capella University- one of the top on-line universities. I am awaiting my actual admission, but it looks very good for me and I'm walking by faith. I am sooooooo excited. I will be pursuing an MS in Reading and literacy (one of my absoulute passions). Chris has been working to put together a nice computer set up for me, and I am so proud of him for installing more ram and a usb card in my computer- all by himself! Go baby!
I am scheduled to begin on September 1st, so I don't have long to go.
Even though I know it is going to cost, I have been scouring books and preparing to apply for numerous scholarships and grants. I also am kicking up my tutoring services. And my sweet husband has graciously given me permission to use our "Canada" money until I finish (which by the way I have four years to do so) and then we can start saving for our trip again. I am going to do all I can to keep my costs really low. Please join with me if you would in prayer that God would open up the doors for me to bring the money in. But I'm not worried; He'll provide.Well, it's late (or early depending on how you look at it) so I am going to get back to bed. I will let you know when I receive my actual acceptance (the enrollment director said she'll call me by Wed at latest but probably earlier). If I was superstitious I'd say do a Haley Mills like on Parent Trap and cross your fingers tight! But instead I'll just say, pray (and okay, if you want to cross your fingers; I won't mind)! Blessings to you all and until the next blog...
-S

P.S. Thanks for the "thought" you gave me to ponder PR! It was good to zoom out.

2 comments:

Debbie C. said...

Wow, I had no idea you were even pursuing a MA!! Congratulations and blessings to you. Wow, you are a "gutsy" lady to be getting your Masters with two little ones.
Blessings,
Debbie Crawford

Debbie C. said...

Wow, I had no idea you were even considering getting your Masters.
Congratulations!! You are "gutsy" in the first place, but with little ones on board, I am very impressed. Good luck and blessings.
Debbie Crawford