Thursday, May 3, 2007

Moving on


Hey guys! Sorry it has been so long since I've written. I just published my draft from the 9th of April, so please feel free to read it along with this one.
So much has happened since I last wrote.
Major events:
* My sister-in-law Amanda Collick (now Amanda Rich) got married on April 21st. It was a beautiful wedding, filled with love and originality! I will try to publish a picture so you can see for yourself how wonderful the couple looked.

* My Aunt Bennita died on April 23rd. the kids and I went up to KEntucky and then Cincinnati for a memorial service in honor of her. It was a memorial service filled with love and arguments between my mom's best friend and my former pastor over whether you could be Catholic (or any other religion) and still go to heaven. I got to see my sister and her two boys, and other family members and friends I've not seen for years.

* Chris and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on May 1st. Unfortunately, since the kids have been sick, we cared for them and went to bed early.

Other than that, I have been praying and feel God is leading me to go back to graduate school. I am not sure how I am going to pay for it yet (I really don't want to take any more loans out), but I know that if God is truly doing the leading, He WILL provide the funds I need.

I also have been fuming over the idiocity (If that's not a word, it should be) of people in the liberal sect of our government who want to make it illegal to say that homosexuality is wrong. Whatever happened to free speech??? I don't believe in "gay bashing" but I'm sorry, the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong,and that is that. Now, I am not a confrontational kind of person, but to try to pass a law that says that we are no longer entitled to our opinions and beliefs, is just plain WRONG! And what do we do? We just sit back and let the government chip away at our freedoms little by little until one day we're going to look up and realize that we have had our mouth and our hands and our feet chipped away and we will no longer be able to speak, or do, or go. Well, I say NO!!!!! I say PRAY! Humble yourselves and stand int he gap for the Christians who are going to their deaths for serving Christ (in Pakistan a 12 year old Christian girl was raped repeatedly by four muslim men and people are dying everywhere! And what are we doing??? Driving in our fancy cars, sitting in our fancy houses watching American Idol and letting our freedom go our the window and not caring about anyone but ourselves. God help us and forgive us!
Call on the name of the LORD, RePENT! and sit in sackcloth and ashes (metaphorically speaking) and weep for the state of our nation! Oh LORD forgive us! Woe is me, LORD! WOe is me! Don't just sit back and let all this roll off your backs, please! Stand up and dig your feet in and clothe yourself with the armor of the LORD and FIGHT!- not just for national freedom, but for international freedom and for the LORD to send His Spirit out unto all the nations of the world. And cry out for His protection, His help, His love to surround us all.

Well, I will get off my soapbox for now. I am not sure if what I wrote even makes sense, but it is time for Christians to rise up and not let another Madelyne Murray O'Hair take away our freedom. Okay, I really am stepping down now.

Well, I am going to go for now. Blessings to you all!

Until the next blog,
-Shawna

1 comment:

Peapod Pixi said...

MY name is Lorinda Norton Dechman. I think I graduated high school with you sister in law. Amanda Collick. She is on thelost students page and I just wanted to make sure she knew about it. Here is the web site. www. celebrationsreunions.com
We graduated Duluth High 1997.