Sunday, June 17, 2007

random thoughts

  • Thanks Debbie for the comment! I agree wholeheartedly. One thing that really bothers me as an educator is that on a lot of the Disney sitcoms, most of the teachers are portrayed as complete idiots (the one exception I've found is Mr. Feeney from Boy Meets World). I think this is ironic since Disney rewards educators for all their hard work and exceptional teaching practices. Come to think of it, most grownups are portayed that way- as buffoons- and yes, as the ones who are wrong all the time. Do you think this is anarchy in the making?
  • I just got a new book. It is not the type I usually read, but it just really jumped out at me. The book, Nickel and Dimed...On (Not) Getting By in America, (by Barbara Ehrenreich) is about a journalist who went undercover to see how the working poor in America really survives. So far it is very interesting. I'll keep you all informed.
  • I just saw "The Nativity Story." In my opinion, it was very good. I especially loved the slight humor of the wisemen and the sweetness of Joseph. You know, it's funny. As a young adult I never thought about the ramifications of Mary's conception. I never thought of her being shunned by others for her apparent lack of self-control. Or what Joseph must have gone through knowing that the child was not his but choosing to accept Him as his own. Makes you think twice about judging others because how do we know what is going on in someone's life. And like I am learning a lot about- not everything is as it appears. The movie is well done and very enchanting to watch- a good family film- even in late June!
  • God is moving in the COTN Patch!! I have two key people who now want to get really involved with the Patch! I am so excited! God is answering mine and other's prayers. Thank you LORD for this blessing of help!
  • Please be praying for VBS. Kristin and I are really wanting to see God bless through this major event. We would love to see kids come to know Jesus during this week. Please pray for all hindrances and distractions that satan would throw out would be thwarted. Also pray for Kristin, her team, myself, and my team that we would hear what God is saying to do/pray for and be united to help show the love of Christ with parents and children alike. Thank you!
  • I am sooooo proud of my husband for sharing his heart today. I knew he was going to speak, but I did not know about what. For Chris to talk about his anger problem is a huge deal. You have to know my husband; this is way out of his comfort zone. I know that God is working on him and drawing him to a closer relationship with Him. Please pray for him often; it is not easy to change.

Well, that is all for now.

Until the next blog,

-S

No comments: